Each Resident, Empowered in Care and Community
Positive partnerships start with building a personal relationship with each resident so they feel empowered in their care and in the community. At Artis Senior Living, we work to engage residents, their loved ones and their care partners to foster the dignity and grace that is a right for all. Our organization is designed to promote The Artis Way in many ways, including:
- A universal worker model means everyone who cares for your loved one will know their preferences and passions, in order to provide the most personalized care
- Engagement programming is unique to each community because it is developed around each resident’s partnership profile
- The Director of The Artis Way Experience serves an important role in advocating for residents and communicating with families
- Transparent and frequent communication regarding the care of your loved one is the norm
- An adaptive environment allows each resident to do as they wish versus participation in mandatory group activities
- 24-hour care and supervision provides quick response times and proactive safety measures and monitoring
The Artis Way in Action
When you choose an Artis Senior Living community for your loved one’s Memory Care, you can rest easy knowing they are in caring, capable hands. Our philosophy values the individual by treasuring their uniqueness. We work with our residents, as well as their families, doctors and caregivers to create a customized plan of care designed for their unique needs.
Open to Possibilities
The Artis Way isn’t a single path—it’s an open-ended approach to caring that leaves room for creativity and possibility. Our Directors of The Artis Way Experience are trained to seek out opportunities to incorporate meaningful experiences based on the details and personal history of each person. Creating activities or celebrations based on the uniqueness of each individual improves engagement and may stave off further decline. The Artis Way isn’t just innovative, it’s effective.
Valuing Community Voices
Living in an Artis community offers those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia the opportunity to actively engage in the world around them. With opportunities like regular Town Hall meetings or the chance to weigh in on our dining menu during our Time to Dish sessions, your loved one is encouraged to contribute to the betterment of the community. When it seems like the disease speaks louder than the individual, we give them back their voice.