Artis Senior Living has implemented strict protocols to prevent, identify and contain the transmission of COVID-19 among staff and residents per guidelines for the State of Pennsylvania. These are in addition to the Coronavirus Protocol established for all Artis communities.
- All staff and residents not previously testing positive have been tested to establish a baseline
- All residents and staff will be monitored daily for temperature and any other COVID related symptoms Any resident or staff member exhibiting symptoms will be tested within 24 hours and quarantined until results are received from our testing company AccessDX. If there is a positive case, AccessDX will be used to test all staff and residents.
- Once non-essential staff and workers begin to reenter the community they will be tested prior to return and will be screened daily.
- Only community associates, essential caregivers and compassionate care visits (when criteria met) permitted to enter community; end of life care/visitors are required to complete COVID-19 symptom questionnaire, have temperature checked, wash hands and don surgical mask and face shield or goggles prior to entering resident area; they are escorted by associate directly to resident’s room and are to remain there for the entire visit
- Any resident or staff member requiring advanced COVID care will be transferred to hospital immediately.
- If residents are found to be positive the community will attempt to move positive residents together and staff will adhere to PPE guidelines to care for the residents.
- All results of screening for both residents staff and visitors will be documented daily and communicated as appropriate.
- The community Director of Health and Wellness will instruct staff on proper use of PPE and monitor compliance. All staff will wear a face mask and face shield in the presence of residents or visitors. Any employee caring for a positive resident will wear full PPE (gown, gloves, N95/KN95 mask and a face shield) Gowns and gloves must be changed and face shields sanitized between each resident.
- The Artis community staffing pattern is currently above minimum standards. The community will continue to meet staffing requirements if need arises though staff from Artis communities in unaffected areas and the use of outside staffing agencies.
- Artis will continue to use reduced size activities and multiple dining seating to allow our residents to social distance comfortably.
- Artis will allow outdoor visitation in our spacious secure backyards. Families will be asked to make an appointment. Upon arrival, family members will be screened for temperature and symptoms. Entrance to the visitation area will be from an outside gate. Family members will wear face masks and social distance. Staff will oversee from a safe, private distance to make sure that everyone remains safe.
- Artis will continue to follow all state and local recommendations on operating standards and protocol and halt all reopening activities if county is moved to RED.
We continue to follow guidance daily from NCAL, AHCA, and local health departments. The health and well-being of our residents and associates is and always will be our highest priority. We are regularly updating Artis family members via email, on social media and over the phone, but if you have an urgent question, as always, please reach out to the community’s Executive Director at any time.